Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: ABBA Board of Directors, specifically named current Chair of the Board
Date Modified: 9/28/2023
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: 3 Staff
The Executive Director for Austin Bridge Builders Alliance (ABBA) will lead, inspire, and shepherd a team carrying out the mission of ABBA to help Christian leaders explore their unique design, find community, and expand their network, all with the intent to see leaders impact change within our city.
The position requires spiritual leadership, Christ-centered discernment, and courageous faithfulness, rooted in a love for the Lord and deep empathy for people. The director must pursue humility as a foundational posture, seeking to put others first, extend grace, express gratitude, be teachable, and value learning. This position requires extreme passion to grow the mission of the organization, serve the staff and volunteers who pour into helping Christian leaders explore their unique design, find community, and expand their network, all with the intent to see leaders impact change within our city, and cultivate impactful relationships with the community. A successful director will consistently demonstrate the ability to strategically plan and execute with personal effort, disciplined stewardship, and team collaboration. With interpersonal and emotional maturity, the director will be self-aware and reflective, seeking to understand all perspectives and pursue Kingdom-inspired diversity and joyful camaraderie for the organization.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
Strategic Planning And Execution:
- Work with the board of directors and executive team to develop key growth strategies and goals
- Develop and communicate a clear strategic direction for the organization, emphasizing collaboration and community-building
- Oversee the development and implementation of programs and initiatives that promote collaboration and mutual understanding among leaders from different sectors
- Ensure that programs align with ABBA's mission and are effective in advancing the Kingdom of God's values in Austin
- Establish KPIs to measure the impact of ABBA's programs and initiatives, with a focus on the collaborative efforts of the business, nonprofit, and church sectors
- Regularly report on progress to stakeholders, donors, and the board, emphasizing the outcomes of community relationships
Community Engagement and Bridge Building:
- Act as a catalyst for community relationships by proactively engaging with leaders from the business, nonprofit, church sectors, and city leaders
- Foster partnerships and alliances that bridge the gaps between these sectors, promoting collaboration for the betterment of Austin
Management & Relationship Development:
- Lead ABBA in our vision, mission and values in order to sustain a healthy organizational culture
- Work with staff leadership and board to ensure adherence to budget and adjustments as necessary
- Create operational plans for staff members/department, including success metrics and hold ABBA team accountable for performance to goals
- Work in partnership with the Board Governance Committee (BGC) to ensure a strong Board of Directors
- Lead and direct the team as it oversees the health and growth of the organization
- Welcome opportunities to encourage and support staff members as they develop spiritually, professionally, and personally
- Design, implement and carry out a comprehensive fundraising strategy to sustain ABBA's programs and operations.
- Collaborate with corporate partners for financial support, sponsorships, and in-kind contributions
- Build giving relationships to foster greater financial support of ABBA and grow the organization’s capacity to serve
Because the overriding purpose and mission of ABBA is to help Christian leaders explore their unique design, find community, and expand their network, all with the intent to see leaders impact change within our city, it is very important that you as the leader for ABBA have a mature and deep Christian Faith.
As an employee of ABBA, ABBA expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives
- Nurture and cultivate the ABBA prayer team, allowing them to speak God’s word into each employee and the mission and future of ABBA
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within ABBA
- Model empathy, humility, and care for all of God's people
- Annual Evaluation with Board of Directors
- Annual Evaluation will incorporate feedback from peers and subordinates
Goals and Accountability
- Goals set with Board of Directors by incorporating feedback and assessment of training times
- Goals are evaluated periodically and progress is discussed
- Goals are based on the calendar year
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Instructions: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.